Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More of the 19th in Moremi.
Just some random sightings. You spot one giraffe and others just magically appear. Heads pop up or your eyes just separate them from the undergrowth.



Hippos with their gatherings of Oxpeckers display their full bulk when out of the water. This one amused me by just testing the air for our scent. The mouth and teeth a reminder of the danger of getting in their way.




































As with all three leopards I saw on this trip light was failing Camera at 1600ISO shutter speed 1/40 sec & zoom at max 400. Images not first class but the experience magic.


And one more close encounter with an elephant.

1 comment:

Christina Langman said...

I am so envious! As a wildlife artist myself, I long to venture into Africa to do a photo-tour... but I agree with you, regardless of how the images turn out, the experience is magic. Some day, some day... :) I'll keep dreaming. Thanks for sharing, and you have some wonderful photos and stories.

Christina Langman
Wildlife Artist
www.BigCatArt.com